Skip To Content

Athabasca University

Letter of Permission

3.3.2 Incoming Letter of Permission: Visiting Students

Visiting students can take courses at AU for transfer credit to other post-secondary institutions. Before you register in a course at AU, you are advised to obtain a Letter of Permission from your home institution that indicates it will accept the AU course in your program. This is for your own records and is not a requirement of AU.

Make sure you are aware of any special considerations that your home institution has related to course completion, course withdrawal, course extensions, supplemental exams, and delivery mode. For example, some institutions require that their students complete the course within specified timelines, will not accept a grade if a supplemental exam has been written, or will not accept a grade if it was taken by Challenge for Credit.


Information effective Sept. 1, 2017 to Aug. 31, 2018.

Updated July 24 2017 by laurab

AU, CANADA'S OPEN UNIVERSITY, is an internationally recognized leader in online and distance learning.