In order to be considered for graduation please note the following:
- Students must be active in a credential at AU.
- Students are required to return a completed Application for Graduation form to the Office of the Registrar. All requirements for the credential must be in progress or completed before submitting the form.
- Upon receipt of an Application for Graduation form, the Office of the Registrar will monitor your progress in AU courses until all final grades are received and advise you by letter that you are eligible to graduate. It is the student’s responsibility to submit transcripts for course work completed at other institutions.
- In order to be considered for graduation awards and to be included in the Convocation ceremony program, all final grades, including transcripts for courses completed on Letter of Permission must be received by the deadline.
- Your name, as it is recorded on your student academic record, will be displayed on the parchment. If you have recently changed your name, or would like to make changes to what we have recorded on your student file, you must officially notify the Office of the Registrar by completing and submitting the Student Change of Information form.
- Parchments will be mailed to the student after the graduation date using the address appearing on the Application for Graduation. If a change of address has been submitted after applying, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 1-800-788-9041, ext. 6382, to update the address on your application.
- Students will be required to reapply to graduate if at any time they become inactive or are not in enough courses to complete the requirements of the credential.
- Students must arrange to settle all outstanding accounts with AU (monies owing, return of library materials, etc.).
All students who receive graduate or undergraduate degrees are invited to attend the in-person convocation ceremonies held by AU every year. Graduates of university certificate or university diploma programs are listed in the convocation program, but do not participate in the ceremonies. Additional information about the convocation ceremonies may be found on the convocation website.
Information effective Sept. 1, 2020 to Aug. 31, 2021.