Existing Non-Program Students
As an existing CNHS Non-Program student, you are not required to complete the application process.
- Go to Course Offerings to review the syllabus for your course selection. NOTE: Non-program students cannot normally register for NURS 518, NURS 522, NURS 524, NURS 526, NURS 528, NURS 530, MHST/NURS 611, MHST/NURS 719, or MHST/NURS 720. Please contact email@example.com or call 1.800.788.9041 (ext. 6818) to request an exception. Access to courses will depend on availability with priority given to program students.
- Review Centre for Nursing and Health Studies Graduate Fees. Ensure you include the appropriate Course Tuition fee as well as the Athabasca University Graduate Student Association (AUGSA) fee.
- For those students taking a CNHS course through the Western Dean's Agreement, online registration cannot be completed. Refer to the second paragraph in Step 4 below. Note that the fully-completed and approved Western Dean's Authorization form must be received in the CNHS office by the applicable course registration deadline noted below.
- Complete the online course registration—refer to Course Registration in the Program and Course Regulations. Ensure that you are aware of the applicable Course Withdrawal Regulations.
If payment is being made by cheque, or money order, or a sponsor, then you need to submit both the course registration form and payment by mail. Cheques and money orders will be processed as they are received. If you are submitting documents by mail, ensure that the course registration form and payment are received in our Centre for Nursing and Health Studies Office by the deadline. Registration will not be accepted unless payment is received. Telephone confirmation will not be provided.
Note that if you wish to be considered for a 3rd or 4th course as a Non-Program student, prior approval is required. Contact the CNHS office at 1.800.788.9041 (ext. 6818) at least one month before the applicable course registration deadline.
Tuition Paid by Student Loans: You must contact the student financial aid office at Athabasca University, three months prior to your anticipated start date to ensure funding is in place for your start date. For more information, contact AU Student Financial Aid.
- Late registrations will not be accepted.
Non-Program Course Registration Deadlines
The following deadlines apply to non-program course registrations:
- June 1 for Fall Session courses
(September to December)
- October 1 for Winter Session courses
(January to April)
- February 1 for Spring Session courses
(May to August)
Information effective September 1, 2016 to August 31, 2017.