Student Appeals Policy
The Student Academic Appeals Committee (Committee) comprises the following members:
- members elected by Athabasca University Academic Council (AUAC)
- Registrar (Chair)
- three academic staff members elected by AUAC from undergraduate programs
- two academic staff members elected by AUAC from graduate programs
- one undergraduate student representative
- one graduate student representative.
- The Registrar or designate shall be an ex officio member of the Committee, and shall serve as its Chair.
Committee members elected by Academic Council shall hold office for a term of two years (except for Registrar, which is ex officio). Members elected by Academic Council shall have their terms staggered at one-year intervals.
The quorum for committee deliberations shall be five (5) members, one of whom shall be the Chair. If the committee is obliged to consider an appeal at a time when a quorum from the regular committee membership is not possible, the Chair shall obtain alternative representatives from the various bodies sufficient to ensure a quorum. The alternative representatives selected in the above manner shall serve only until a quorum of elected members can be obtained.
The undergraduate student representative will be nominated by Athabasca University Student’s Association.
The graduate student representative will be nominated by the Graduate Students’ Association Advisory Committee.
Information effective September 1, 2018 to August 31, 2019.