Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Leadership and Management
Students must submit a completed application package, consisting of:
- a completed application form;
- a current, chronological resumé detailing work experience;
- official transcripts of post-secondary education and/or professional designation(s) sent directly to the Faculty of Business, Athabasca University, from the respective institution(s). Applicants with degrees obtained outside of North America may be required to have educational qualifications assessed independently (see International Transcripts). International programs accredited by AACSB are accepted without this assessment;
- the non-refundable application processing fee.
The LMD non-program applicant is a student taking a Leadership and Management Development (LMD) course who is not enrolled in the PBDLM program.
The LMD non-program applicant must:
- meet the admission criteria, or receive a special exemption for admission from the Dean, or designate;
- demonstrate an appropriate level of professional experience required to contribute positively to online group discussions/projects;
- meet all course prerequisite requirements.
If a LMD non-program student subsequently applies for PBDLM program admission, credit for AU LMD courses previously completed will be evaluated for credit towards the PBDLM program requirements, where appropriate. Transfer credit fees will normally be waived in such cases.
Transfer credit means that students may apply to transfer graduate course credits earned elsewhere at recognized academic institutions into the PBDLM program.
Only graduate level course credits that have never been applied toward any degree program, are eligible for consideration.
Courses being considered for transfer credit must be from a fully accredited institution (i.e. members of Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada, Canadian Association for Distance Education, Canadian Association for Graduate Studies, AACSB, etc.). Applicants will be required to complete a transfer credit form, pay a transfer credit evaluation fee, and provide official transcripts and detailed course outlines for each course (outline requirements will be provided by the Program Director). Executive education course credits may also be accepted at the discretion of the Dean or program designate.
The Program Director and/or Faculty of Business faculty will determine whether transfer credits will be permitted into the PBDLM program. If transfer credit is awarded, a study plan will be provided outlining how students will integrate previous coursework with the program.
Students must confirm access to a computer system that meets the program requirements. Upon acceptance to the program, students must pay the required non-refundable admission fee.
Detailed instructions for assembling an application package can be found on the program's website.
Information effective September 1, 2018 to August 31, 2019.