Regulations effective September 1, 2016.
Graduates of Athabasca University’s History programs will have the ability to:
- situate contemporary events in broader historical contexts
- explain changing social attitudes as the product of specific contexts and events
- recognize the ways in which knowledge is socially constructed and sanctioned
- evaluate information for its relevance and reliability
- articulate logical arguments based on relevant information
- identify multiple possible explanations for events
- interpret historical evidence carefully and assess for possible bias.
Information effective Sept. 1, 2016 to Aug. 31, 2017.