Skip To Content

Undergraduate Calendar 2014|15

Non-Canadian Students


3.1.2 Non-Canadian Students

Athabasca University welcomes non-Canadian students.

You need a study permit if:

  • you are a non-Canadian with a work permit and are living temporarily in Canada while enrolled in the Bachelor of Nursing degree program.
  • you are a non-Canadian student enrolled in an AU program at an institution with which the University has a collaboration agreement.

You do not need a study permit if you are a non-Canadian AU student living outside Canada.

In the case of a dispute over an individual’s status within Canada, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) regulations will apply.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada


Information effective Sept. 1, 2014 to Aug. 31, 2015.

Updated July 17, 2014