Skip To Content

Undergraduate Calendar 2012|13

Individualized Study Course Extensions

Course-Related Regulations

5.4.1 Course Extensions – Individualized Study

If you are unable to complete your individualized study course during the course contract period, you may apply for and purchase up to three, two-month extensions. Course extensions apply to individualized study courses only. You may not extend a grouped study course.

Each completed extension request form and fee must be received by the Office of the Registrar a minimum of one month before your course contract end date. Requests for second and third extensions must be received by the Office of the Registrar a minimum of one month before the expiry of the previous extension.

The extension begins on the first day of the month following your course contract end date. If you fail to complete your course and you do not apply for an extension by the required deadline, you will receive a grade of F (failure) for the course. If you wish to obtain credit for the course, you may re-register and pay a fee. Both the original registration and the re-registration will appear on your transcript.

Students receiving financial assistance may be restricted by shorter time limits. T2202A Forms

Only the initial contract period is taken into consideration in the calculation of student status as reported on your Tuition, Education, and Textbook Amounts Certificate (Form T2202A). Extensions are not considered in this calculation.









Information effective Sept. 1, 2011 to Aug. 31, 2012.

Updated May 07, 2012