amended, effective September 1, 2009
Graduates of the BA major in History will have the ability to:
- situate contemporary events in broader historical contexts
- explain changing social attitudes as the product of specific contexts and events
- recognize the ways in which knowledge is socially constructed and sanctioned
- evaluate information for its relevance and reliability
- articulate logical arguments based on relevant information
- identify multiple possible explanations for events
- interpret historical evidence carefully and assess for possible bias.
Athabasca University has developed program learning outcomes that describe the career options that may be available to you upon graduating. Students complete the program regulations in effect at the time
of their enrolment.